Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thumbs Up Thailand!


This weekend I had the chance to travel to Lop Buri a city where monkeys have taken up residence and the last weekend in November there is a festival in their honor. The festival consists of feeding the monkeys everything from the normal, fruit, to the probably unhealthy, cotton candy and Cokes.

The whole trip went well except for Saturday night when my hotel room was broken into and my phone, money, fail proof tape recorder and camera were stolen, all while I was sleeping. Slightly disturbing.

Attempting to get any help from the hotel staff proved impossible and their only explanation was to point at a poorly written sign that could hardly pass as english stating that items left in the rooms were not their responsibility. The issue I have with this is that the items certainly weren't "left" in the room, I was there with them.

For those of you playing along at home, the score stands: Lop Buri: 4 Me: 0. But bitching and moaning now won't change anything. So it goes. Things could always be worse. Luckily I was able to get these photos that will help to illustrate the town and its residents.











No comments:

Post a Comment