Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Got a....

I mentioned earlier the door chimes of 7-11 and how they have become part of my soundtrack of Thailand, but they are a small part. The triangle maybe. Right now the soundtrack is completely dominated by one song, "I Got a Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.

Not just at clubs or bars, but at malls and supermarkets, hotels and hostels. It is like you are constantly trying to flee Fergie's voice but she some how keeps catching up with you. The stuff nightmares are made of. I can no longer hear someone express how they feel without interjecting the lyrics.

Below a video shot in one take that once amazed me and has now forever been ruined.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going through an embarrassing processes with this song... it involves me hating it with so much adamance that it has become catchy. I've sung it under my breath more than once this week, and I know if it plays on any sort of speaker system I'm liable to start dancing. For shame.

    The video is still cool. I appreciate the art of the long take. Have you ever seen Hitchcock's "Rope"?

    ReplyDelete