Thursday, October 29, 2009

Roll the Credits

I started this blog in an attempt to let people know what I'm doing in Thailand over the next year. Instead of sending long emails to people who already get far too many I thought this would give everyone the chance to read on their own and not get unwanted rambling spam from yours truly.

Before I start posting pictures of me awkwardly standing in front of temples, elephants and waterfalls, which will inevitably ruin their beauty and cultural value, I thought I should give a few "Thank Yous" to the people over the past year who helped me get here.

My Mom: Not a chance in Hell I would be here with out her getting me organized and scrambling to get my Visa. You've saved my ass a million and one times, I promise I'll find a way to repay you. I'm thinking a beach house, a big one.

Mike McKee and everyone involved in WWOOF USA: "Life's a garden...."

The nut jobs, maniacs, jackasses and more than anything friends who have ever been involved in that residence on 707 West 28th St.: You all know who you are. Let the good times roll, L&R.

The Los Angeles Bike Community and especially the Los Angeles Burrito Project: Keep the rubber side down and stay weird.

The ladies of Tatter5, PDX and Ridgeview: Sisters that I never had, thanks for putting up with all my shit and dealing with me on your couches every morning.

That lady at the rest stop in Washington State: I have no idea who you were, but you had me believing that grass patch by the freeway was a beach in the Bahamas, awesome, just awesome.

All the rest of my family and friends who let me crash at their place, had positive words and helped me along the way. Thanks

For the time being this is going to be a fairly words only operation because my camera is currently collecting dust in an EZ Storage halfway around the world in a Gardena, California industrial park.

So to answer the questions now: Yes, I came to Thailand without a camera. Yes, I have been reminded multiple times how incredibly stupid this was. Yes, I'm trying to get one.

And with the opening credits out of the way, here it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment