Thursday, October 29, 2009

One Ton Bob Dylan

After departing Bangkok I headed for a 2 day trip with my fellow teachers to Kanchanaburi, a town west of Bangkok. The bus ride took place in the pouring rain, but was made more entertaining by the bus bathroom which was so small that Frodo Baggins would have had trouble using it.

Since arriving I've thought about taking to wearing a helmet at all times seeing as knocking my head has become a very frequent occurrence.

In Kanchanaburi we visited an elephant park where I witnessed an elephant play the harmonica. Completely unnatural, a bit odd and yet at the same time wholly entertaining. The performance really got me thinking and I now give you my top 3 unnatural animal superstars. With a bit of practice, the elephant could crack this list.

3. Bear Playing Hockey



Look, I'm impressed by this video. Some poor bastard had to risk his life training this beast but when it comes down to it, the bear just isn't that good. The fundamentals are lacking and the way he is wobbling on those skates looks like he may have been throwing back some vodka before he took the ice.

2. Dog Riding Bike



Lance better watch out. Before he knows it this bike riding dog is going to be chasing his ass up the alps and down the Champs-Élysées.

1. Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey



Whiplash is the winner by a landslide. The costume, the smile, the charisma. This is a monkey who clearly loves what he is doing and damn does it show. If your not impressed by this I got nothing for you. It's a monkey riding a dog.

One more of Whiplash doing his thing to take you into Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment