Friday, October 30, 2009

'Cause It's Friday....

By this point you maybe wondering why I have no posts about actually teaching and the simple answer to that is, I haven't started teaching yet.

I've spent this week observing classes, stumbling through Thai phrases, getting lost, locked in my apartment (thought this was impossible), breaking my door knob, being introduced to a 3,000 strong student assembly while they were dressed in scout uniforms, autographing 50 student notebooks (I really need to work on my speed if I ever plan on becoming famous) and being saved by students while disastrously attempting to order lunch.

On Monday I will start my official schedule but today I was a guest teacher for the PE basketball class. Yes, me. I can hear the laughter as you all read this.

Word spread around school quickly and soon there was about 1,000 students gathered around to watch the white Horace Grant take on the locals. I'm just glad they didn't have to pay any money to watch me play, they most certainly would have wanted a refund.

Pulled down a few rebounds and had a basket or two before the suffocating humidity got the best of me. If I keep sweating like this I'll be invisible by the time I get home.

The video below pretty much sums up the atmosphere of the entire thing.



That is all until Monday. Sending you into the holiday weekend with Tracy Morgan's bat shit crazy Halloween jam. Stay safe kids, check your candy before you eat it.

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to see you have this Blog. And of course I think the writing is great, but perhaps I am a little biased. Sounds like all the craziness to get you over there is well worth it. Enjoy and oh yea, buy a camera!


    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh fantastic. another blog friend. :)

    ReplyDelete